Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Treat Itchy Blisters On Tailbone

I return in mind

It 's a time that I got I have memories.

My mind surrenders itself to travel backward in time, dig and retrieve repressed memories of sensations, smells, sounds and images seemingly forgotten.

It 's the time of the pool, my passion, alas, almost abandoned.


Inevitably my mind returns to the "big head", gianfry, friend and teacher in the cold night in Turin and companion of endless study sessions at the table, uniquely driven by the desire to discover the mysteries of calculations between the diamond we were almost Kabbalists hardened, worthy of the best characters in Eco's novel.

hours and hours trying Garuffo, SFAC, link bars, rounds, two mo 'for three rounds, steole and straightened.

much I miss those days.
Mi manca il rumore dei birilli che cadono in sequenza nel silenzio assoluto della sala semideserta.
Mi manca il calore del panno sotto la mia mano mentre con la mia fida stecca LM brandeggio mirando un punto preciso sulla sponda.
Mi manca il profumo del gessetto sfregato sul tacchetto in maniera automatica e involontaria mentre la mente elabora calcoli e studia soluzioni.

Son solo 9 birilli e 3 biglie, son solo due uomini con due stecche, son solo 5 luci che illuminano un tavolo di ardesia riscaldato e rivestito di panno verde...ma queste immagini racchiudono per me un'epoca e una sequenza di emozioni irripetibili.
Irripetibili perchè Gianfry non c'è più e perchè mai più I searched and found a fellow like him with whom we travel the same roads and experience the same emotions.

And there he was, his wry smile: " testooooone ," he said, " not think of nothing but you, as it will go sleeveless and if you want to win against me ... testooooone "
and I repeated it every time with that accent Turin (and they were many) who beat me relentlessly, finding the most difficult putting more topical at the time of our match.
It was not luck, it was class.
I teased and stimulated because it was really a master for me, could teach dozens and did it selflessly, Unlike so many other "false teachers" because he and I were studying the billiard game or not for money or for glory. We stopped to discuss and try out and attacks, several theories to find the most effective solution.
friendship was cemented by a common passion for billiards.

Now my stick is in the cellar, all alone, disassembled and placed in the scabbard.
My three-fingered glove, however, is linked to his coffin and I wanted to bury it with him.

I miss the pool. I miss Turin. I miss gianfry.

I had even written two verses, I wanted to make you to fight.
I know who did it until the last but the disease was stronger than him and took it away.

gianfry do not know why I have returned and billiards in mind today.
The mind goes sometimes bizarre and irrational ways.

The Garuffo
Life often presents you put a center-center.
At that point, if you want to get out and do not simply pull a living, you only have one choice.
studied the attack on the long side, calculates the exit on the short side, evaluating the effect to impress to your ball and with all your strength and agility
kicks ... and the magic of Garuffo.
can remain outside of SFAC or offer an easy sleeper, but if you put all you're putting the center-center you do, and all the pressure of the world passes by you to the rest of the world. You can do it, there you have to do, you can do it!

Hello gianfry


0 comments:

Post a Comment